Workshop: Introduction to Animation with Puck Verkade
Join artist Puck Verkade for an introductory animation workshop on Zoom. Suitable for beginners, this online workshop is for those who want to make their drawings come alive, by making 2D animations in an easy and accessible way.
In the workshop you will:
- look at examples of 2D animation and cut-out animation
- cover the basic principles of animation and discuss/prep camera set up
- design and draw a character (a template can be provided)
- cut out all the parts and create a moveable 2D puppet
- create a background animation (or use a paper green screen)
- learn how to animate the puppet in its environment
At the end of the workshop you will be able to shoot your own animation, which can then be sent to Verkade to be edited together and circulated in the group.
- Camera or smart phone with tripod
- Light source (desktop lamp, LED light, photography studio lamps or good source of day light)
- Download and install Stop Motion Studio
- Watercolour paper or thick drawing paper/card
- Pencils/pens/watercolours/anything to design the character and background
- Coloured paper in green or blue for the background
- Scissors or a scalpel knife
- Cutting mat or equivalent
- Pushpin/thumbtack or needle
- Tape (any tape but duct tape)
- Copper wire 0.5mm
Not essential: sheet of glass from photo frame A4 size or bigger, needle-nose pliers
Duration: 3 hours with 2 breaks.
Places are limited, please book your ticket via the booking button. The workshop link will be circulated to ticket holders prior to the event.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.